Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-6a60
- meat: means the dressed flesh of cattle, swine, horses, sheep, rabbits or goats but shall not include fish or products of fish. See Kansas Statutes 65-6a47
- Minor: means any person defined by K. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Poultry: means any domesticated bird, whether live or dead. See Kansas Statutes 65-6a18
- Secretary: means the secretary of agriculture. See Kansas Statutes 65-6a18
(a) No operation requiring inspection under article 6a of chapter 65 of the Kansas Statutes Annotated, and amendments thereto, may be conducted unless it is conducted under the supervision of a representative of the secretary. All slaughtering of animals shall be done:
(1) Under the direct supervision of a representative of the secretary; and
(2) with reasonable speed, considering the official establishment’s facilities.
The secretary may implement inspection procedures for processing operations that are different from the inspection procedures for slaughter operations. Processing procedures may include procedures that allow for varied frequency of inspection depending on the processing operations conducted.
(b) Each official establishment applying the mark of inspection shall submit a work schedule to the secretary for approval upon the occurrence of any of the following:
(1) Prior to the inauguration of the inspection.
(2) When a change in work schedule is requested, except for minor deviations from a daily operating schedule approved by the area supervisor.
(3) Upon request by a representative of the secretary.
Work schedules shall specify the daily clock hours of inspected operations.
(c) The secretary shall take into account the efficient and effective use of inspection personnel when approving work schedules. The secretary shall consult with the establishments involved when designating work schedules.
(d) Establishments shall maintain consistent work schedules. The secretary may prescribe by rules and regulations the process by which an establishment may request a change in its work schedule.
(e) This section shall be a part of and supplemental to the meat and poultry inspection act.