The “written informed request” referred to in this act shall be on a form prepared by, and obtained from the state board of healing arts and shall be in substance as follows:
WRITTEN INFORMED REQUEST FOR PRESCRIPTION OF AMYGDALIN (LAETRILE) FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT
Patient’s name: ___________________________
Age _____________ Sex ___________________
Name and address of prescribing physician: ________________________________________
Malignancy, disease, illness or physical condition diagnosed for medical treatment by amygdalin (laetrile) or its use as a dietary supplement:
Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-6b05
- Health care facility: means a facility other than a medical care facility providing care for persons who are ill or infirm and includes adult care homes as such term is defined by K. See Kansas Statutes 65-6b01
- Medical care facility: means the same as the meaning ascribed thereto in K. See Kansas Statutes 65-6b01
- Physician: means a person licensed to practice medicine and surgery by the state board of healing arts. See Kansas Statutes 65-6b01
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Written informed request: means the request for the prescription of amygdalin (laetrile) and the form for such request established under K. See Kansas Statutes 65-6b01
My physician has explained to me:
(a) That the federal food and drug administration has determined amygdalin (laetrile) to be an “unapproved new drug” and that federal law prohibits the interstate distribution of an “unapproved new drug.”
(b) That neither the American cancer society, the American medical association, the Kansas medical society nor the Kansas association of osteopathic medicine recommends use of amygdalin (laetrile) in the treatment of any malignancy, disease, illness or physical condition.
(c) That there are alternative recognized treatments for the malignancy, disease, illness or physical condition from which I suffer which my physician has offered to provide for me including: (Here describe)
That notwithstanding the foregoing, I hereby request prescription and use of amygdalin (laetrile) (a) in the medical treatment of the malignancy, disease, illness or physical condition from which I suffer [ ], (b) as a dietary supplement [ ] or (c) both in the medical treatment of the malignancy, disease, illness or physical condition from which I suffer and as a dietary supplement [ ] (check (a), (b) or (c)).
_____________________________________ Patient or person signing for patient
A copy of such written informed request shall be forwarded forthwith after execution thereof to the medical care facility or other health care facility and the state board of healing arts.