(a) All milk, milk products and dairy products which have been inspected in accordance with the provisions of this act, and any rules and regulations adopted thereunder, may be moved, distributed or sold, any place in this state, and any further inspection by any political subdivision of this state shall be prohibited. The duly authorized official of any political subdivision of this state may take samples of such products which have been moved into, distributed within or sold within, the boundaries of such political subdivision of this state, for the sole purpose of determining that such products meet the bacterial, butterfat, temperature and coliform standards prescribed in the rules and regulations adopted pursuant to this act. Nothing in this act shall be construed as prohibiting any epidemiological investigations by the proper authorities of any political subdivision.
(b) No political subdivision of this state shall be permitted to fix or impose any license fee, privilege or occupation tax or other charge against the production premises or the product or against any person as a prerequisite for the movement, distribution or sale of any milk, milk product or dairy products within the state or any political subdivisions thereof, and any sampling performed by any political subdivision in accordance with the provisions of subsection (a) or any testing or inspection of milk or milk products by any political subdivision for epidemiological purposes, shall be performed entirely at the expense of such political subdivision.
Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-776
- Dairy products: means products which may be made from milk or cream for manufacturing purposes and which are not required to meet grade A standards, including butter, cheese, dry whole milk, nonfat dry milk, dry buttermilk, dry whey, evaporated milk, whole or skim, condensed whole milk, condensed skim milk, sweetened or plain, frozen dairy dessert, and frozen dairy dessert mixes and such other products as may be otherwise designated by rules and regulations. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Milk: means the lacteal secretion, practically free from colostrum, obtained by the complete milking of one or more healthy cows. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Milk products: means cream, light cream, light whipping cream, heavy cream, heavy whipping cream, whipped cream, whipped light cream, sour cream, acidified sour cream, cultured sour cream, half-and-half, sour half-and-half, acidified sour half-and-half, cultured sour half-and-half, reconstituted or recombined milk and milk products, concentrated milk, concentrated milk products, nonfat skim milk, reduced fat or lowfat milk, frozen milk concentrate, eggnog, buttermilk, cultured milk, cultured reduced fat or lowfat milk, cultured nonfat skim milk, yogurt, lowfat yogurt, nonfat yogurt, acidified milk, acidified reduced fat or lowfat milk, acidified nonfat skim milk, low-sodium milk, low-sodium reduced fat or lowfat milk, low-sodium nonfat skim milk, lactose-reduced milk, lactose-reduced reduced fat or lowfat milk, lactose-reduced nonfat skim milk, aseptically processed and packaged milk and milk products, milk, reduced fat or lowfat milk or nonfat skim milk with added safe and suitable microbial organisms and any other milk product made by the addition or subtraction of milkfat or addition of safe and suitable optional ingredients for protein, vitamin or mineral fortification of milk products defined herein. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Person: means any individual, plant operator, partnership, corporation, company, firm, trustee, association or institution. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Secretary: means the secretary of the Kansas department of agriculture, or the secretary's designee. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(c) The secretary or the secretary’s authorized representative shall be notified of any sampling being performed by political subdivisions within the state under the provisions of this section.