Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-789
- Dairy products: means products which may be made from milk or cream for manufacturing purposes and which are not required to meet grade A standards, including butter, cheese, dry whole milk, nonfat dry milk, dry buttermilk, dry whey, evaporated milk, whole or skim, condensed whole milk, condensed skim milk, sweetened or plain, frozen dairy dessert, and frozen dairy dessert mixes and such other products as may be otherwise designated by rules and regulations. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Milk: means the lacteal secretion, practically free from colostrum, obtained by the complete milking of one or more healthy cows. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Milk products: means cream, light cream, light whipping cream, heavy cream, heavy whipping cream, whipped cream, whipped light cream, sour cream, acidified sour cream, cultured sour cream, half-and-half, sour half-and-half, acidified sour half-and-half, cultured sour half-and-half, reconstituted or recombined milk and milk products, concentrated milk, concentrated milk products, nonfat skim milk, reduced fat or lowfat milk, frozen milk concentrate, eggnog, buttermilk, cultured milk, cultured reduced fat or lowfat milk, cultured nonfat skim milk, yogurt, lowfat yogurt, nonfat yogurt, acidified milk, acidified reduced fat or lowfat milk, acidified nonfat skim milk, low-sodium milk, low-sodium reduced fat or lowfat milk, low-sodium nonfat skim milk, lactose-reduced milk, lactose-reduced reduced fat or lowfat milk, lactose-reduced nonfat skim milk, aseptically processed and packaged milk and milk products, milk, reduced fat or lowfat milk or nonfat skim milk with added safe and suitable microbial organisms and any other milk product made by the addition or subtraction of milkfat or addition of safe and suitable optional ingredients for protein, vitamin or mineral fortification of milk products defined herein. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- On-farm retail sales of milk or milk products: means the sale of milk or milk products on the farm by the producer from the production of the dairy herd to the final consumer, so long as the person making such sales does not promote the sale of milk or milk products to the public in any manner other than by the erection of a sign upon the premises of the dairy farm. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Person: means any individual, plant operator, partnership, corporation, company, firm, trustee, association or institution. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
It shall be unlawful for any person to:
(a) Engage in any business or activity which requires a license or permit under this act without having a license or permit;
(b) sell, offer or expose for sale:
(1) Any milk, milk products or dairy products which do not conform to the definition and standards of identity established under this act; or
(2) any milk, milk products or dairy products which are adulterated or misbranded.
(c) adulterate or misbrand any milk, milk products or dairy products;
(d) sell, offer for sale or have in such person’s possession with the intent to sell at retail to the final consumer any milk or milk product which has not been inspected and designated grade A pasteurized in accordance with the provisions of this act and any rules and regulations adopted thereunder, except that on-farm retail sales of milk or milk products shall be exempt from the provisions of this act unless stated otherwise; or
(e) violate any provision of this act or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.