Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 71-1507
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(a) The board of trustees of any community college and the board of any technical college or the institute of technology at Washburn university, may make and enter into agreements providing for the transfer from the technical college or the institute of technology to the community college of any approved career technical education program being offered and taught at the postsecondary level in the technical college or the institute of technology.
(b) In the event the board of trustees of a community college and the board of any technical college or the institute of technology at Washburn university enter into an agreement authorized under subsection (a), the following conditions shall apply:
(1) The state board of regents shall be notified of the agreement at the time the agreement is executed.
(2) The agreement shall be effective only after approval by the state board of regents.
(3) Any career technical education program transferred in accordance with the agreement shall be offered and taught in the community college only after approval of the program by the state board of regents.
(4) The agreement shall be subject to change or termination by the legislature.
(5) (A) The duration of the agreement shall be perpetual unless terminated in accordance with provision (B).
(B) Termination of the agreement may be accomplished only upon approval by the state board of regents of a joint petition to it for termination by the contracting boards after adoption of a resolution to that effect by each such board. The state board of regents shall consider the petition and approve or disapprove termination of the agreement. Upon termination of the agreement, any program transferred thereunder shall be discontinued.