|§ 2-3901||Alternative crop research act; citation; definitions|
|§ 2-3902||Same; industrial hemp research and cultivation; licensure; rules and regulations; fees; reports to the legislature|
|§ 2-3903||Same; alternative crop research act licensing fee fund|
Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 2 > Article 39
- Adjourn: A motion to adjourn a legislative chamber or a committee, if passed, ends that day's session.
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- county chairperson: means the chairperson of the county central committee, provided to be elected under K. See Kansas Statutes 25-3901
- District office: means the office of district judge, district magistrate judge, county commissioner, state representative, state senator, district attorney or county attorney. See Kansas Statutes 25-3901
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- General election: refers to the election required to be held on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November of each even-numbered year. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- General election: means the election held on the Tuesday succeeding the first Monday in November in even-numbered years. See Kansas Statutes 25-3901
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Legislative session: That part of a chamber's daily session in which it considers legislative business (bills, resolutions, and actions related thereto).
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oath: includes an affirmation in all cases where an affirmation may be substituted for an oath, and in similar cases "swear" includes affirm. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Party: means a political party having a state and national organization and of which the officer or candidate whose position has become vacant was a member. See Kansas Statutes 25-3901
- Party candidacy: means a candidate of a political party for a party nomination at a primary election or the party candidate at a general election. See Kansas Statutes 25-3901
- primary election: means the statewide election held in August of even-numbered years. See Kansas Statutes 25-3801
- Primary election: means the election held on the first Tuesday in August in even-numbered years. See Kansas Statutes 25-3901
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Residence: means the place which is adopted by a person as the person's place of habitation and to which, whenever the person is absent, the person has the intention of returning. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201