|§ 47-2302||Kansas dairy commission; members, officers, compensation|
|§ 47-2303||Same; powers and duties|
|§ 47-2304||Assessments; receipts; refunds|
|§ 47-2305||Collection and disbursement of assessment|
Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 47 > Article 23
- Commission: means the Kansas dairy commission. See Kansas Statutes 47-2301
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Producer: means a person who is actively engaged within this state in the business of producing fluid milk and who receives income from the production of fluid milk. See Kansas Statutes 47-2301
- Purchaser: means any person, public or private corporation, association or partnership who buys fluid milk from the seller or acts as an agent for the sale transaction. See Kansas Statutes 47-2301
- Secretary: means the secretary of agriculture. See Kansas Statutes 47-2301
- Seller: means any private entity or corporation that sells fluid milk. See Kansas Statutes 47-2301
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- sold: means a transaction in which fluid milk is transferred from the seller to a purchaser for full or partial consideration. See Kansas Statutes 47-2301
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201