Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 58 > Article 10
- Auctioneer: means a person who conducts a public auction as herein defined;
(b) "clerk" means: (a) the county clerk of the county wherein the public auction is to be held if the public auction is to be held outside the corporate limits of a city; (b) the city clerk, city license collector or other person or officer designated by a city to issue public auction licenses of the city wherein the public auction is to be held;
(c) "inventory" means a list of new goods, wares and merchandise offered at public auction, showing make and model; also their serial number, if any;
(d) "person" means and includes an individual, firm, association, corporation or any other legal entity;
(e) "public auction" means the offering for sale or selling of new goods, wares or merchandise to the highest bidder or offering for sale or selling of new goods, wares or merchandise at a high price and then offering the same at successive lower prices until a buyer is secured; and
(f) "new goods, wares and merchandise" means those not previously sold at retail. See Kansas Statutes 58-1015
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, evidences of debt and things in action, and digital assets as defined in the revised uniform fiduciary access to digital assets act, K. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Residence: means the place which is adopted by a person as the person's place of habitation and to which, whenever the person is absent, the person has the intention of returning. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201