§427. Records to be kept; penalties
A. An athlete agent shall keep records of travel, entertainment, and other expenses incurred by the athlete agent which adequately describe the:
(1) Nature of the expenditure.
(2) Dollar amount of the expenditure.
(3) Purpose of the expenditure.
(4) Date and place of the expenditure.
(5) Person or persons in whose behalf the expenditure was made.
(6) Records documenting all notifications made to athletic directors or head coaches concerning intended contact with athletes.
(7) Written notification received from athletic directors and head coaches indicating contacts with athletes may proceed.
B. The records required to be kept by this Section shall be retained for not less than five years by the athlete agent.
C.(1) The records provided for in this Section shall be subject to subpoena in case of a criminal investigation of the activities of the athlete agent.
(2) The records provided for in this Section shall be disclosed pursuant to a court order obtained by an athlete who is named in the record, an institution of higher education that is located in this state which is named in the record, and the athletic conference of which the institution is a member, or the federation or association of which the school or institution is a member. Any such disclosure shall be made only to the extent necessary to determine or establish that a violation of this Chapter has occurred.
D. Any person found to be in violation of the recordkeeping requirements of this Section shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both.
Acts 1987, No. 925, §1; Acts 1999, No. 302, §1; Acts 2004, No. 351, §1.