As used in this Subpart, the following terms shall have the following meanings ascribed to them:
(1) “Agricultural liming materials” or “materials” means solid or liquid materials which contain calcium or magnesium and which are sold, offered for sale, or distributed for use in neutralizing acidity in agricultural soils.
(2) “Aragonite” means a soft calcite obtained from ocean deposits.
(3) “Brand” means any name, trademark, or other designation under which an agricultural liming material is sold.
(4) “Bulk” means in nonpackaged form.
(5) “Burnt lime” means a material made from limestone which consists primarily of calcium oxide or a combination of calcium and magnesium oxides.
(6) “Calcite liming material” means a material composed primarily of calcium carbonate.
(7) “Cement kiln dust” means waste dust produced in the manufacturing of cement.
(8) “Chalk” means a soft, friable, loosely consolidated material composed primarily of calcium carbonate.
(9) “Consumer” means any person who purchases agricultural liming materials for use on fields owned or leased by that person.
(10) “Distributor” means a person who sells, offers for sale, or distributes agricultural liming materials in this state on the wholesale level.
(11) “Dolomitic liming material” means a material composed of calcium and magnesium carbonates.
(12) “Ground shells” means a material obtained by grinding the shells of mollusks.
(13) “Hydrated lime” means a material made from burnt lime which consists primarily of calcium hydroxide and which may contain magnesium oxide or magnesium hydroxide, or both.
(14) “Jobber” means a person who buys or sells agricultural liming materials in this state for another person and who is paid commissions for his services.
(15) “Label” means any written or printed matter on or attached to a package of materials or an invoice for a shipment of bulk materials.
(16) “Lot” means the quantity of materials from which a sample has been taken and which the sample represents.
(17) “Manufacturer” means a person who produces agricultural liming materials which are sold, offered for sale, or distributed in this state.
(18) “Marl” means a granular or loosely consolidated earthy material composed primarily of seashell fragments and calcium carbonate.
(19) “Person” means any individual, partnership, corporation, association, or other legal entity.
(20) “Registrant” means a manufacturer who registers an agricultural liming material.
(21) “Retailer” means a person who sells agricultural liming materials to consumers in this state.
(22) “Ton” means two thousand pounds avoirdupois.
Acts 2010, No. 579, §1.