The board shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To license dietitians/nutritionists in a manner consistent with the provisions of this Chapter.
(2) To keep a record of its proceedings, a register of all applicants for licensure, and a register of all licensed dietitians/licensed nutritionists.
(3) To promulgate rules and regulations to govern its actions and provide for the enforcement of the provisions of this Chapter.
(4) To adopt a code of ethics and to promulgate the licensure standards prescribed in this Chapter, any amendments thereto, and such rules and regulations relevant to licensure as the board may adopt.
(5) To establish, collect, and disburse fees as required by this Chapter.
(6) To issue subpoenas, examine witnesses, and administer oaths, and, at its discretion, investigate allegations or practices violating the provisions of this Chapter. The board shall have power to seek injunctive relief to prohibit any person from providing professional dietetic or nutritional care services as defined in R.S. 37:3083 without being licensed as provided herein.
Acts 1987, No. 574, §1, eff. July 9, 1987.