|§ 2029||Nullity of contracts|
|§ 2030||Absolute nullity of contracts|
|§ 2031||Relative nullity of contracts|
|§ 2032||Prescription of action|
|§ 2034||Nullity of a provision|
|§ 2035||Rights of third party in good faith|
Terms Used In Louisiana Codes > Civil Code > PRELIMINARY TITLE > Title IV > Chapter 11 - Nullity
- Affected court: means any appellate, district, parish, city, municipal, traffic, juvenile, justice of the peace, or family court having jurisdiction over criminal prosecutions and proceedings for which the Louisiana Supreme Court has made a determination that the court shall conduct emergency sessions outside its parish or territorial jurisdiction as provided for by the provisions of this Title. See Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure 942
- Chief judge: The judge who has primary responsibility for the administration of a court but also decides cases; chief judges are determined by seniority.
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Donee: The recipient of a gift.
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Emergency sessions: means any criminal court proceeding conducted by an affected court as authorized by the provisions of this Title and by order of the Louisiana Supreme Court. See Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure 942
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Host jurisdiction: means the location or locations in which the Louisiana Supreme Court has ordered the affected court to conduct emergency sessions. See Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure 942
- Inter vivos: Transfer of property from one living person to another living person.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.