Terms Used In Louisiana Codes > Code of Criminal Procedure > Title XXII > Chapter 2
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.