Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:2061
- Commission: means the Louisiana Workforce Commission. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:2061
- Council: means the Louisiana Workforce Investment Council. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:2061
- Workforce development: means workforce education and workforce training and services. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:2061
- Workforce education: means education which assists an individual in his ability to function and succeed as an employee in a workplace. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:2061
- Workforce training and services: means training and service programs that assist citizens in improving their employment opportunities or maintaining their present employment but are not included within the definition of workforce education. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:2061
As used in this Chapter, the following terms have the meaning herein ascribed to them:
(1) “Agency” means any state office, department, board, council, institution, division, officer or other person, or functional group, presently existing or created in the future, that is authorized to exercise, or that does exercise, any functions of state government in the executive branch, but not any political subdivision of the state or officer thereof.
(2) “Board” means a local workforce development board as described in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014, 29 U.S.C. 3101 et seq. or such successor entity as may be established by or pursuant to federal law.
(3) “Business/career solution system” means a service delivery system composed of one or more centers, which shall operate as a one-stop workforce development service delivery system as provided by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014, 29 U.S.C. 3101 et seq. and the regulations promulgated thereunder.
(4) “Chief elected official” means a city-parish mayor president or mayor, parish president, police jury president, or parish council president.
(5) “Commission” means the Louisiana Workforce Commission.
(6) “Council” means the Louisiana Workforce Investment Council.
(7) “Local labor market” means an economically integrated geographical area within which individuals may reside and find employment within a reasonable distance of their residences.
(8) “Performance standards” means the basic measures of performance for workforce development programs.
(9) “Program year” means July first to June thirtieth.
(10) “Supportive services” means any services that assist workforce development and preparation needs. It may include transportation, health care, special services and materials for persons with disabilities, child care, meals, temporary shelter, financial counseling, and other reasonable expenses for participation in the training program and may be provided inkind or through cash assistance.
(11) “Workforce development” means workforce education and workforce training and services.
(12) “Workforce education” means education which assists an individual in his ability to function and succeed as an employee in a workplace. It shall include education directed at refining or developing literacy or other basic education skills; programs directed at lifelong learning or continuing education; any kind of job readiness training; vocational, technical, or occupation education; any worker or workplace education; any articulated career-path program and the constituent courses of such program that lead to initial or continuing licensure or certification or degree-level accreditation; and any other education or program whose purpose is to assist citizens to improve their employment opportunities.
(13) “Workforce training and services” means training and service programs that assist citizens in improving their employment opportunities or maintaining their present employment but are not included within the definition of workforce education.
Acts 1997, No. 1, §1, eff. April 30, 1997; Acts 1999, No. 386, §1; Acts 2008, No. 743, §2, eff. July 1, 2008; Acts 2014, No. 811, §12, eff. June 23, 2014; Acts 2015, No. 426, §2.