Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:4153
- Commissioner: means the Louisiana Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual or any legal or commercial entity, including a corporation, business trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, or joint venture. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
As used in this Part, the following terms shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this Section:
(1) “Board” means the Dairy Industry Promotion Board established in R.S. 3:4154.
(2) “Commissioner” means the Louisiana commissioner of agriculture and forestry.
(3) “Dairy cooperative” means an association of producers organized for the mutual benefit of those producers doing business in Louisiana.
(4) “Dairy producer” or “producer” means any person who produces bulk milk in Louisiana for sale to a dairy cooperative, processor, or distributor.
(5) “Distributor” means a person, other than a processor, who sells dairy products to one or more retail establishments or home delivery routes located in Louisiana. The term “distributor” includes wholesale grocers and cooperative grocery associations.
(6) “Person” means any individual, partnership, corporation, cooperative association, governmental agency, or other business entity engaged in any of the activities regulated by this Part.
(7) “Processor” means a person who purchases milk solids, milk fats, or fluid milk components from a dairy producer or cooperative association, whether such producer or cooperative association is located within or outside of the state, for processing, or a person who purchases bulk milk for resale to a person who processes milk and other dairy products.
Added by Acts 1983, No. 526, §1, eff. July 8, 1983; Acts 1995, No. 356, §1; Acts 2009, No. 24, §8L, eff. June 12, 2009; Acts 2010, No. 495, §1, eff. June 24, 2010.