The board may:
(1) Adopt rules and regulations for the administration of this Part. All rules shall be adopted in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(2) Establish and impose assessments on the sale of milk solids, milk fats, and fluid milk components, subject to the limitations contained in R.S. 3:4159.
(3) Repealed by Acts 2016, No. 10, §2.
(4) Appoint advisory groups composed of representatives from organizations, institutions, government, or businesses related to or interested in the welfare of the dairy industry.
(5) Keep minutes, books, and records which accurately reflect all of its acts and transactions.
(6) Accept grants, donations, contributions, or gifts from any source, but only if the use of such resources is not restricted in any manner which is deemed inconsistent with the purposes of this Part.
(7) Prescribe forms and procedures for the reporting of purchases of milk solids, milk fats, and fluid milk components and the collection of assessments thereon.
(8) Develop and implement advertising, promotional, or educational programs for the promotion of milk and other dairy products. No advertising, promotional, or educational program shall be directed toward increasing the sale of milk or other dairy products with reference to any private brand or trade name used by any processor of milk or dairy products. No advertising, promotional, or educational program for milk or other dairy products shall make use of any false or unwarranted claims in behalf of any products, or disparage the quality, value, sale, or use of any other agricultural commodity.
(9) Enter into and execute advertising and other agreements which are necessary to promote the sale of Louisiana milk and other Louisiana dairy products on a state, regional, national, or foreign basis.
(10) Conduct investigations into violations and alleged violations of the provisions of this Part.
(11) Conduct hearings under the Administrative Procedure Act in order to make determinations with respect to any violation or alleged violation of this Part.
(12) Impose penalties for any violation of the provisions of this Part, or rules and regulations adopted under the provisions of this Part, on the basis of findings made in an adjudicatory proceeding conducted in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(13) Confer and cooperate with and enter into agreements with any other state or federal agency or other organization whose activities may be deemed beneficial to the purposes of this Part.
Added by Acts 1983, No. 526, §1, eff. July 8, 1983; Acts 2009, No. 24, §8L, eff. June 12, 2009; Acts 2010, No. 495, §1, eff. June 24, 2010; Acts 2016, No. 10, §§1, 2.