Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2377
- Commission: means the Emergency Response Commission appointed by the governor to implement the mandates of the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act passed by the United States Congress in 1986. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2363
- Department: means the Department of Public Safety and Corrections. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2363
- Environment: includes water, air, and land and the interrelationship which exists among and between water, air, and land and all living things. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2363
- Inventory form: means the reporting form adopted by the department, and completed by owners and operators, which contains certain requested information on hazardous materials and which is used in developing the information system mandated by this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2363
- Release: means any spilling, leaking, pumping, pouring, emitting, emptying, discharging, injecting, escaping, leaching, dumping, or disposing into the environment (including the abandonment or discarding of barrels, containers, and other closed receptacles) of any hazardous material or substance. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 30:2363
The Department of Public Safety and Corrections, in consultation with the commission, shall make an annual report by April first to the Senate Committee on Environmental Quality, the House Committee on Natural Resources and Environment, and the governor regarding:
(1) The progress made in developing, implementing, compiling, disseminating, and coordinating the information system.
(2) The level of reporting by owners and operators.
(3) Additional recommendations for legislation and other recommendations to facilitate compliance with the provisions of this Chapter.
(4) The problems experienced by owners and operators and state and local government and agencies in complying with this Chapter.
(5) Reporting forms and procedures used by governmental agencies to require the reporting of the manufacture, use, storage, or release of hazardous materials which should be replaced by the inventory form.
Acts 1985, No. 435, §1, eff. July 11, 1985; Acts 1987, No. 347, §1; Acts 1991, No. 21, §1, eff. June 14, 1991; Acts 1997, No. 1046, §1; Acts 2008, No. 580, §2.