§613. Qualifications of applicants
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 37:613
- person: includes a body of persons, whether incorporated or not. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 1:10
A. Any person who wishes a license to practice podiatry must:
(1) Be at least twenty-one years of age.
(2) Be a citizen of the United States.
(3) Be of good moral character.
(4) Present to the board a diploma or certificate of graduation from a school or college of podiatry approved by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
(5) Complete a minimum of one year in a post graduation training program accredited by the Council of Podiatric Medical Education of the American Podiatric Medical Association and approved by the board.
(6) Pass an examination from the board that shall be written, oral, or clinical or any combination thereof as determined by the board.
B. The examination given by the board shall be based upon subjects taught in an approved college of podiatry.
Acts 1970, No. 585, §1; Acts 2001, No. 195, §1.