A. The secretary of the department shall establish a committee of fifteen persons composed of seven representatives from the department, the chairman of the Senate Committee on Health and Welfare, the chairman of the House Committee on Health and Welfare, five representatives of the Louisiana Nursing Home Association, and one representative of the Louisiana Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, to develop a plan to implement the provisions of this Chapter. The representatives of the Louisiana Nursing Home Association and the Louisiana Association of Homes and Services for the Aging shall be selected by the president of each organization respectively.
B. The committee shall recommend to the secretary:
(1) Rules and regulations to implement the new reimbursement system.
(2) A reimbursement mechanism for Medicaid therapy costs.
(3) A cost reporting document and an allowable cost manual.
(4) Hold harmless and phase-in provisions for the new reimbursement system.
(5) A medical review process including policies, procedures, and supporting documentation requirements.
Acts 2001, No. 694, §1, eff. July 1, 2001.