Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:1745
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
(1) “Person” means an individual, firm, association, corporation, partnership, joint venture, or any other legal or business entity which contacts or attempts to contact a recipient by using a telephone line.
(2) “Recipient” means an individual, firm, association, corporation, partnership, joint venture, or any other legal or business entity which is provided telephone service from a telephone company regulated by the state of Louisiana.
(3) “Telefacsimile” means every process in which electronic signals are transmitted by telephone lines for conversion into written text.
(4) “Telefacsimile message” means the transmission of a telefacsimile communication promoting goods or services for purchase by the recipient of such message.
Acts 1991, No. 298, §1.