|§ 40:1161.1||A. As used in this Subpart:|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 40 > Chapter 5-D > Subchapter A > Part II > Subpart C
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Annuity reserve fund: means the fund in which shall be held the reserves for liabilities of retirees and beneficiaries. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Beneficiary: means the person designated in writing by a member to receive any benefits to which he may be entitled under this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- board of trustees: means the board of trustees of this system. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Creditable service: means all periods of time for which credit is allowed towards any benefits of this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Dental treatment: means those practices and procedures which fall within the definition of the practice of "dentistry" as that term is defined in R. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 40:1161.1
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture and Forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Disability: means a condition which in the determination of the board renders an employee permanently and totally disabled, by bodily injury or disease, leaving him incapable of any employment, provided that such condition is not, directly or indirectly, the result of military service, engaging in a felonious criminal enterprise, habitual drunkenness or use of narcotics, intentionally self-inflicted injury, or declared war or enemy action. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Employee: means a person including an elected official, actively employed by a participating employer on a permanent, regularly scheduled basis of at least an average of thirty-five hours per week. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Final compensation: means the average monthly earnings during the highest sixty consecutive months or joined months if service was interrupted. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- informed consent: means consent to any dental treatment or course of dental treatment given by a patient:
(1) After the patient has been informed in general terms of the nature and purpose of the dental treatment or course of dental treatment and those risks of death, brain damage, quadriplegia, paraplegia, the loss or loss of function of an organ or limb, or disfiguring scars, if any, associated with such dental treatment or course of dental treatment which would ordinarily have been disclosed under the same or similar circumstances by dentists with the same or similar training and experience; and
(2) After the patient has been given an opportunity to ask questions concerning such dental treatment or course of dental treatment and his questions, if any, have been answered in a satisfactory manner. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 40:1161.1
- Member: means a contributing employee who is covered under the provisions of this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Patient: means a natural person who receives dental treatment. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 40:1161.1
- person: includes a body of persons, whether incorporated or not. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 1:10
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Plan A: means the revised plan to replace a combination of the regular and supplemental plans, to be effective October 1, 1978, as outlined in Part III of this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Plan B: means the revised plan to replace the regular plan, to be effective October 1, 1978, as outlined in Part IV of this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732