|Chapter 1||Regulation of Gaming Equipment||47:7001 – 47:7019.2|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 47 > Subtitle VIII
- Agent: means an individual, association, corporation, club, trust, estate, society, company, joint stock company, receiver, trustee, any other person acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity who is appointed by a court, or any combination of individuals. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:7002
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Commissioner: means the Louisiana Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Gaming equipment: means any mechanical, electrical, or other contrivance used to facilitate the risking of loss of anything of value in order to realize a profit. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:7002
- Health care provider: means any home health agency, hospice, hospital, or nursing facility. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 40:1155.2
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- LaPOST: means Louisiana Physician Order for Scope of Treatment as provided in R. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 40:1155.2
- Licensed emergency medical services practitioner: means a licensed emergency medical services practitioner as defined in R. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 40:1155.2
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a body of persons, whether incorporated or not. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 1:10
- Person: includes an individual, partnership, unincorporated association of individuals, joint stock company, or corporation. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:7002
- Physician: means a physician or surgeon licensed by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners or by the official licensing authority of another state. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 40:1155.2
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.