|§ 9:2001||General rule|
|§ 9:2002||Restraint upon alienation|
|§ 9:2004||Seizure by creditor; general rule|
|§ 9:2005||Seizure by creditor; special claims|
|§ 9:2006||Exemption from seizure|
|§ 9:2007||Use of words “spendthrift trust”|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 9 > CODE TITLE II > Chapter 1 > Part III > Subpart D - Alienation by the Beneficiary
- Actuarial Equivalent: shall mean a benefit of equal value to the accumulated contributions, annuity or benefit as the case may be, when computed upon the basis of such mortality tables as shall be adopted by the Board of Trustees and regular interest. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3002
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Airport authority: means the owner of any airport or landing field, or the governing authority of any airport district. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 2:801
- Airport construction or development priority program: means the priority list of projects submitted by the department and approved by the joint committee pursuant to this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 2:801
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Beneficiary: shall mean any person designated to receive a retirement allowance, an annuity or other benefit as provided by this Part. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3002
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board: shall mean the Board of Trustees provided in R. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3002
- Board: shall mean the Retirement Board of the City of Bogalusa Retirement System. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- City: shall mean the City of Alexandria. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3002
- City: shall mean the city of Bogalusa, Louisiana. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Construction or development project: means a program of construction or development, either new or continuing, that will be planned and implemented with the primary goal of improving aviation activities in the state. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 2:801
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Council: shall mean the City Commission Council of Bogalusa, Louisiana. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Department: means the Department of Transportation and Development. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 2:801
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture and Forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Employee: shall mean any appointive officer or employee of the city now or hereafter employed by the city, whose services are compensated by the city in whole or in part, who is not covered by any existing pension fund maintained by the city. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Employer: shall mean the City of Alexandria or any of its departments and agencies from which any employee receives his compensation. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3002
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Joint committee: means the House Committee on Transportation, Highways and Public Works and the Senate Committee on Transportation, Highways and Public Works, functioning as a joint legislative committee. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 2:801
- Joint committee: Committees including membership from both houses of teh legislature. Joint committees are usually established with narrow jurisdictions and normally lack authority to report legislation.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Member: shall mean any employee in the City service included in the membership of the system as provided in R. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3002
- Member: shall mean any employee included in the membership of the system. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a body of persons, whether incorporated or not. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 1:10
- Person: means an individual or any legal or commercial entity, including a corporation, business trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, or joint venture. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Retirement Allowance: shall mean an annuity for life, as provided in this Part, payable each year in twelve equal monthly installments beginning as of the date fixed by the Board. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3002
- Salary: shall mean the amount of compensation earned by a member as an employee of the city. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- System: shall mean the City of Alexandria Employees' Retirement System established and described in R. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3002
- System: shall mean the City of Bogalusa Retirement System. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Total service: shall mean service rendered before the operative date of the system, and subsequent thereto. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.