Any party to a conversation intercepted, disclosed or used in violation of this chapter shall have a civil cause of action against any person who intercepts, discloses or uses such communications and shall be entitled to recover from any such persons: [PL 1973, c. 561 (NEW).]
1. Damages. Actual damages, but not less than liquidated damages, computed at the rate of $100 per day for each day of violation; and
[PL 1979, c. 663, §101 (AMD).]
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 711
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Person: means any individual, partnership, association, joint stock company, trust or corporation, or any other legal entity, whether or not any of the foregoing is an officer, agent or employee of the United States, a state or a political subdivision of a state. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 709
2. Attorney’s fee. A reasonable attorney’s fee and other litigation disbursements reasonably incurred.
[PL 1973, c. 561 (NEW).]
PL 1973, c. 561 (NEW). PL 1979, c. 663, §101 (AMD).