|§ 302||Criminal restraint|
|§ 303||Criminal restraint by parent|
|§ 304||Criminal forced labor|
|§ 305||Aggravated criminal forced labor|
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes > Title 17-A > Part 2 > Chapter 13
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- in writing: include printing and other modes of making legible words. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Railroad: includes every commercial, interurban and other railway and each and every branch and extension thereof by whatsoever power operated, together with all tracks, bridges, trestles, rights-of-way, subways, tunnels, stations, depots, union depots, ferries, yards, grounds, terminals, terminal facilities, structures and equipment and all other real estate, fixtures and personal property of every kind used in connection therewith, owned, controlled, operated or managed for public use in the transportation of persons or property. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 38 Sec. 659
- Railroad company: includes every corporation or person, their lessees, trustees, receivers or trustees appointed by any court owning, controlling, operating or managing any railroad for compensation within this State. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 38 Sec. 659
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225