|§ 1351||Breeding and raising mink|
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes > Title 7 > Part 3 > Chapter 203
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Corrections or his designee, except that, when the term "commissioner and only the commissioner" is used, the term applies only to the person appointed Commissioner of Corrections and not to any designee. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 34-A Sec. 1001
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Correctional facility: means any facility that falls under the jurisdiction of the department, but does not include any facility for which the department is required to establish standards pursuant to section 1208 or 1208-A. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 34-A Sec. 1001
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Extradition: The formal process of delivering an accused or convicted person from authorities in one state to authorities in another state.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- person: as used in this Title shall be construed to import both the singular and the plural, as the case demands, and shall include corporations, companies, societies and associations. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 14 Sec. 1351
- Prison: means the Maine State Prison. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 34-A Sec. 1001
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Real estate: includes lands and all tenements and hereditaments connected therewith, and all rights thereto and interests therein. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225