(1) The department may administer federal financial assistance programs for natural river areas.
(2) The department may enter into a lease or agreement with any person or political subdivision to administer all or part of their lands in a natural river area.
Terms Used In Michigan Laws 324.30505
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Natural river: means a river that has been designated by the department for inclusion in the wild, scenic, and recreational rivers system. See Michigan Laws 324.30501
- River: means a flowing body of water or a portion or tributary of a flowing body of water, including streams, creeks, or impoundments and small lakes thereon. See Michigan Laws 324.30501
(3) The department may expend funds for works designed to preserve and enhance the values and uses of a natural river area and for construction, management, maintenance, and administration of facilities in a natural river area conforming to the purposes of the designation, if the funds are appropriated by the legislature.