As used in this part:
(a) “Airboat” means a motorboat that is propelled, wholly or in part, by a propeller projecting above the water surface.
Terms Used In Michigan Laws 324.80101
- Department: means the director of the department of natural resources or his or her designee to whom the director delegates a power or duty by written instrument. See Michigan Laws 324.80208
- Michigan vehicle code: means Act No. See Michigan Laws 324.80103
- Motorboat: means a vessel propelled wholly or in part by machinery. See Michigan Laws 324.80103
- Person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, or other legal entity. See Michigan Laws 324.80208
- Personal watercraft: means that term as defined in 40 CFR 1045. See Michigan Laws 324.80104
- Probate court or family division disposition: means the entry of a probate court order of disposition or family division order of disposition for a child found to be within the provisions of chapter XIIA of the probate code of 1939, 1939 PA 288, MCL 712A. See Michigan Laws 324.80104
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 324.51501
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 324.51501
- Use: means operate, navigate, or employ. See Michigan Laws 324.80104
- Vessel: means every description of watercraft used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water. See Michigan Laws 324.80104
- Waters of this state: means any waters within the territorial limits of this state, and includes those waters of the Great Lakes that are under the jurisdiction of this state. See Michigan Laws 324.80104
(b) “Alcoholic liquor” means that term as defined in section 1d of the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.1d.
(c) “Anchored rafts” means all types of nonpowered rafts used for recreational purposes that are anchored seasonally on waters of this state.
(d) “Associated equipment” means any of the following that are not radio equipment:
(i) An original system, part, or component of a boat at the time that boat was manufactured, or a similar part or component manufactured or sold for replacement.
(ii) Repair or improvement of an original or replacement system, part, or component.
(iii) An accessory or equipment for, or appurtenance to, a boat.
(iv) A marine safety article, accessory, or equipment intended for use by a person on board a boat.
(e) “Boat” means a vessel.
(f) “Boat livery” means a business that holds a vessel for renting, leasing, or chartering.
(g) “Boating safety certificate” means any of the following:
(i) The document issued by the department under part 802 that certifies that the individual named in the document has successfully completed a boating safety course and passed an examination approved and administered as required under section 80212.
(ii) A document issued by the United States coast guard auxiliary or United States power squadron that certifies that the individual named in the document has successfully completed a United States coast guard auxiliary course concerning boating safety.
(iii) A written rental agreement provided to an individual named in the rental agreement entered into under section 44522 only on the date or dates indicated on the rental agreement while the named individual is operating a personal watercraft leased, hired, or rented from a boat livery.
(h) “Boating safety course” means a course that meets both of the following requirements:
(i) Provides instruction on the safe operation of a personal watercraft that meets or exceeds the minimum course content for boating or personal watercraft education established by the national association of state boating law administrators education committee (October 1996), a province of the commonwealth of Canada, or another country.
(ii) Is approved by the department.
(i) “Controlled substance” means that term as defined in section 7104 of the public health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.7104.
(j) “Conviction” means a final conviction, the payment of a fine, a plea of guilty or nolo contendere if accepted by the court, a finding of guilt, or a probate court or family division disposition on a violation of this part, regardless of whether the penalty is rebated or suspended.