(1) The secretary of state shall prescribe a uniform method of numbering certificates of title, and shall maintain in his or her office indexes for the certificates of title.
(2) The secretary of state may destroy a certificate of title or supporting evidence of a certificate of title covering a watercraft which was on file for 10 years after the date of its filing.
Terms Used In Michigan Laws 324.80310
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 324.51501
- Watercraft: means a contrivance used or designed for navigation on water, including a vessel, boat, motor vessel, steam vessel, vessel operated by machinery either permanently or temporarily affixed, scow, tugboat, or any marine equipment that is capable of carrying passengers, except a ferry. See Michigan Laws 324.80301
(3) The secretary of state shall furnish information on a title without charge to authorized law enforcement and conservation officers when engaged in official duties.