(1) The secretary of state shall prepare a map and a legal description of each senatorial and representative district. The legal description shall be in terms of political subdivisions, such as counties, cities, and townships; man-made features, such as streets, roads, highways, and railroads; and natural features, such as waterways, which political subdivisions and man-made and natural features form the boundaries of the senatorial or representative district. The maps and the legal descriptions shall be conveyed by the secretary of state to the legislature and the governor.
(2) There is appropriated for the department of state from the state general fund to supplement former appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1984, the sum of $30,000.00 for the costs incurred by the secretary of state in complying with subsection (1).
Terms Used In Michigan Laws 4.803
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
(3) The appropriations made and the expenditures authorized under this act and the departments, agencies, commissions, boards, offices, and programs for which an appropriation is made under this act are subject to Act No. 18 of the Public Acts of 1981, being sections 21.501 to 21.531 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.