|§ 115.11||Special assessments of fourth class cities; validation|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 115 > Act 324 of 1919
- Election: means an election or primary election at which the electors of this state or of a subdivision of this state choose or nominate by ballot an individual for public office or decide a ballot question lawfully submitted to them. See Michigan Laws 168.2
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Michigan community child watch house: means a house, designated by a sign bearing the standard McGruff house symbol or standard Michigan community child watch symbol, as applicable, occupied by a responsible adult, where a child may seek help when he or she faces an emergency such as being bullied, followed, threatened, or hurt while walking or playing in the neighborhood. See Michigan Laws 722.11
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- standard Michigan community child watch symbol: means the standard symbol to designate a McGruff house or Michigan community child watch house, adopted pursuant to section 2(1)(b), except that until May 27, 1991, the standard McGruff house symbol or standard Michigan community child watch symbol may include a symbol that before and on May 26, 1989 was used by a neighborhood safe house program to designate a neighborhood safe house similar to a McGruff house or Michigan community child watch house within that program. See Michigan Laws 722.11