|§ 18.445||Creation of state school reform/redesign office within department of technology, management, and budget; transfer of state school reform/redesign school district from department of education to state|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 18 > E.R.O. No. 2015-2
- Active state duty: means the actual weekend, annual training, or special call up duty in the state military forces and includes travel to and from the duty site or station. See Michigan Laws 32.1002
- Collateral: means the property subject to a security interest or agricultural lien. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Communicate: means 1 or more of the following:
(i) To send a written or other tangible record. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Debtor: means 1 of the following:
(i) A person having an interest, other than a security interest or other lien, in the collateral, whether or not the person is an obligor. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Filing office: means an office designated in section 9501 as the place to file a financing statement. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Filing-office rule: means a rule adopted pursuant to section 9526. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Financing statement: means a record or records composed of an initial financing statement and any filed record relating to the initial financing statement. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Governmental unit: means a subdivision, agency, department, county, parish, municipality, or other unit of the government of the United States, a state, or a foreign country. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Military: includes each armed force of the United States and each component of the state military establishment. See Michigan Laws 32.1002
- Person: means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, public corporation, or any other legal or commercial entity. See Michigan Laws 440.1201
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Purchaser: means a person that takes by purchase. See Michigan Laws 440.1201
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. See Michigan Laws 440.1201
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Representative: means a person empowered to act for another, including an agent, an officer of a corporation or association, and a trustee, executor, or administrator of an estate. See Michigan Laws 440.1201
- Secured party: means 1 or more of the following:
(i) A person in whose favor a security interest is created or provided for under a security agreement, whether or not any obligation to be secured is outstanding. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Security agreement: means an agreement that creates or provides for a security interest. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Term: means a portion of an agreement that relates to a particular matter. See Michigan Laws 440.1201
- Transmitting utility: means a person primarily engaged in the business of 1 of the following:
(i) Operating a railroad, subway, street railway, or trolley bus. See Michigan Laws 440.9102
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Unit area: means the formation or formations that are unitized and surface acreage that is a part of the unitized lands, as described in the plan for unit operations that is the subject of the supervisor's order as provided in section 61706. See Michigan Laws 324.61701
- Unit production: means all indigenous oil and gas produced and saved from a unit area after the effective date of the order of the supervisor creating the unit, regardless of the well or tract within the unit area from which that oil and gas is produced. See Michigan Laws 324.61701
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o