|§ 324.45301||Lawful fishing with hook and line|
|§ 324.45302||Fishing rights; action; defense|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 324 > Act 451 of 1994 > Article III > Chapter 2 > Subchapter 3 > AQUATIC SPECIES > Part 453
- Clean air act: means chapter 360, 69 Stat. See Michigan Laws 324.5501
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the director of the department of natural resources or his or her designee to whom the director delegates a power or duty by written instrument. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Local unit of government: means a municipality or county. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, or other legal entity. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Rule: means a rule promulgated pursuant to the administrative procedures act of 1969, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o