|§ 324.99907||Transfer of powers and duties of groundwater advisory council created under natural resources and environmental protection act to department of agriculture by type III transfer; transfer of powers and|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 324 > E.R.O. No. 2007-5
- Affiliate: means any company that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with another company. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Consumer: includes , but is not limited to, all of the following:
(A) An individual who provides nonpublic personal information to a licensee in connection with obtaining or seeking to obtain financial, investment, or economic advisory services relating to an insurance product or service. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Customer: means a consumer who has a customer relationship with a licensee. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Customer relationship: means a continuing relationship between a consumer and a licensee under which the licensee provides 1 or more insurance products or services to the consumer that are to be used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Initial notice: means the privacy notice required in section 507. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Licensee: means a licensed insurer or producer, and other persons licensed or required to be licensed, authorized or required to be authorized, registered or required to be registered, or holding or required to hold a certificate of authority under this act. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Nonaffiliated third party: means any person except a licensee's affiliate or a person employed jointly by a licensee and any company that is not the licensee's affiliate. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Nonpublic personal financial information: means personally identifiable financial information and any list, description, or other grouping of consumers and publicly available information pertaining to them that is derived using any personally identifiable financial information that is not publicly available. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Opt out: means a direction by the consumer that the licensee not disclose nonpublic personal financial information about that consumer to a nonaffiliated third party, other than as permitted by sections 535, 537, and 539. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o