|§ 324.99919||Creation of department of natural resources and environment; transfer of commission of natural resources from department of natural resources to department of natural resources and environment by type|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 324 > E.R.O. No. 2009-31
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Consumer: means an individual, including, but not limited to, an applicant, a policyholder, an insured, a beneficiary, a claimant, and a certificate holder, who is a resident of this state and whose nonpublic information is in a licensee's possession, custody, or control. See Michigan Laws 500.553
- Cybersecurity event: means an event that results in unauthorized access to and acquisition of, or disruption or misuse of, an information system or nonpublic information stored on an information system. See Michigan Laws 500.553
- Encrypted: means the transformation of data into a form that results in a low probability of assigning meaning without the use of a protective process or key. See Michigan Laws 500.553
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- in writing: shall be construed to include printing, engraving, and lithographing; except that if the written signature of a person is required by law, the signature shall be the proper handwriting of the person or, if the person is unable to write, the person's proper mark, which may be, unless otherwise expressly prohibited by law, a clear and classifiable fingerprint of the person made with ink or another substance. See Michigan Laws 8.3q
- Information system: means a discrete set of electronic information resources organized for the collection, processing, maintenance, use, sharing, dissemination, or disposition of electronic nonpublic information, as well as any specialized system such as an industrial or process controls system, a telephone switching and private branch exchange system, or an environmental control system. See Michigan Laws 500.553
- Insurer: means an individual, corporation, association, partnership, reciprocal exchange, inter-insurer, Lloyds organization, fraternal benefit society, or other legal entity, engaged or attempting to engage in the business of making insurance or surety contracts. See Michigan Laws 500.106
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Licensee: means a licensed insurer or producer, and other persons licensed or required to be licensed, authorized, or registered, or holding or required to hold a certificate of authority under this act. See Michigan Laws 500.553
- Nonpublic information: means electronic information that is not publicly available information and is any of the following:
(i) Business-related information of a licensee, the tampering with which, or unauthorized disclosure, access, or use of which, would cause a material adverse impact to the business, operations, or security of the licensee. See Michigan Laws 500.553
person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l Publicly available information: means any information that a licensee has a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records, by widely distributed media, or by disclosures to the general public that are required to be made by federal, state, or local law. See Michigan Laws 500.553 Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business. Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant. Risk assessment: means the risk assessment that each licensee is required to conduct under section 555(3). See Michigan Laws 500.553 state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o