|§ 750.370||Falsely and maliciously accusing another|
|§ 750.371||Second or subsequent violation; penalty|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 750 > Act 328 of 1931 > Chapter LIV
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- felony: when used in this act, shall be construed to mean an offense for which the offender, on conviction may be punished by death, or by imprisonment in state prison. See Michigan Laws 750.7
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l