Subdivision 1.Consent and appointment.
Any licensee, authorized delegate, or other person who knowingly engages in business activities that are regulated under this chapter, with or without filing an application, is considered to have done both of the following:
Terms Used In Minnesota Statutes 53B.26
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Minnesota Statutes 645.44
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- state: extends to and includes the District of Columbia and the several territories. See Minnesota Statutes 645.44
(1) consented to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state for all actions arising under this chapter; and
(2) appointed the commissioner as the lawful agent for the purpose of accepting service of process in any action, suit, or proceeding that may arise under this chapter.
Subd. 2.Service of process.
Service of process must be made in accordance with section 45.028, subdivision 2.