1. When the general assembly authorizes any state agency to adopt administrative rules or regulations, the granting of such rulemaking authority and the validity of such rules and regulations is contingent upon the agency complying with the provisions of this section in promulgating such rules after June 3, 1994.
2. Upon filing any proposed rule with the secretary of state, the filing agency shall concurrently submit such proposed rule to the joint committee on administrative rules, which may hold hearings upon any proposed rule or portion thereof at any time.
3. A final order of rulemaking shall not be filed with the secretary of state until thirty days after such final order of rulemaking has been received by the committee. The committee may hold one or more hearings upon such final order of rulemaking during the thirty-day period.
4. The committee may file with the secretary of state any comments or recommendations that the committee has concerning a proposed or final order of rulemaking. Such comments shall be published in the Missouri Register.
5. The committee may refer comments or recommendations concerning such rule to the appropriations and budget committees of the house of representatives and the appropriations committee of the senate for further action.
6. The provisions of this section shall not apply to rules adopted by the labor and industrial relations commission.