Terms Used In Missouri Laws 146.070
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Probate: Proving a will
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
No estate in which there is intangible personal property subject to tax under this chapter shall be closed without the payment of the tax levied under this chapter, both in respect to the liability of the estate and the decedent prior to his death. In all estates in which there is intangible personal property subject to tax under this chapter, a return shall be filed by the fiduciary with the director of revenue, within thirty days of filing of the final or annual settlement with the probate division of the circuit court.