160.455. Distribution to each student certain materials on earthquake safety — duties of school district. — At the beginning of each school year, each school district in the state shall distribute to each student such materials that have been prepared by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the state emergency management agency or by agencies that are authorities in the area of earthquake safety and that provide the following objectives:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 160.455
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) Developing public awareness regarding the causes of earthquakes, the forces and effects of earthquakes, and the need for school and community action in coping with earthquake hazards;
(2) Promoting understanding of the impact of earthquakes on natural features and manmade structures; and
(3) Explaining what safety measures should be taken by individuals and households prior to, during and following an earthquake.