1. The department director or his designee shall be the state registrar of vital statistics.
2. The state registrar shall administer the system of vital statistics and shall:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 193.045
(1) Conduct training programs to promote uniformity of policy and procedures throughout the state;
(2) Prescribe, furnish and distribute such forms as are required by sections 193.005 to 193.325 and the rules and regulations issued hereunder, or prescribe such other means for transmission of data as will accomplish the purposes of complete and accurate reporting and registration of vital records;
(3) Prepare and publish reports of vital statistics of this state and such other reports as may be required by department rules;
(4) Provide to the state or local health agencies copies of or data derived from certificates and reports required under sections 193.005 to 193.325, deemed necessary for state or local health planning and program activities. The state registrar shall establish a schedule for transmittal of such copies or data, but such copies or data shall remain the property of the department and the uses which may be made of them shall be governed by the state registrar.