210.1210. Policy recommendations. — 1. The task force on the prevention of sexual abuse of children established in section 210.1200 may adopt and submit to the commissioner of education and the state board of education policy recommendations addressing sexual abuse of children that may include:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 210.1210
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) Age-appropriate curriculum for students in pre-K through fifth grade;
(2) Training for school personnel on child sexual abuse;
(3) Educational information to parents or guardians provided in the school handbook on the warning signs of a child being abused, along with any needed assistance, referral, or resource information;
(4) Available counseling and resources for students affected by sexual abuse; and
(5) Emotional and educational support for a child of abuse to continue to be successful in school.
2. Any policy recommendation adopted may address without limitation:
(1) Methods for increasing teacher, student, and parent awareness of issues regarding sexual abuse of children, including knowledge of likely warning signs indicating that a child may be a victim of sexual abuse;
(2) Actions that a child who is a victim of sexual abuse could take to obtain assistance and intervention; and
(3) Available counseling options for students affected by sexual abuse.