Terms Used In Missouri Laws 213.045
- because of: as it relates to the adverse decision or action, the protected criterion was the motivating factor. See Missouri Laws 213.010
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Disability: a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more of a person's major life activities, being regarded as having such an impairment, or a record of having such an impairment, which with or without reasonable accommodation does not interfere with performing the job, utilizing the place of public accommodation, or occupying the dwelling in question. See Missouri Laws 213.010
- Dwelling: any building, structure or portion thereof which is occupied as, or designed or intended for occupancy as, a residence by one or more families, and any vacant land which is offered for sale or lease for the construction or location thereon of any such building, structure or portion thereof. See Missouri Laws 213.010
- Familial status: one or more individuals who have not attained the age of eighteen years being domiciled with:
(a) A parent or another person having legal custody of such individual. See Missouri Laws 213.010
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Person: includes one or more individuals, corporations, partnerships, associations, organizations, labor organizations, legal representatives, mutual companies, joint stock companies, trusts, trustees, trustees in bankruptcy, receivers, fiduciaries, or other organized groups of persons. See Missouri Laws 213.010
It shall be unlawful for any bank, building and loan association, insurance company or other corporation, association, firm or enterprise whose business consists in whole or in part in the making of commercial real estate loans, to deny a loan or other financial assistance because of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or familial status to a person applying therefor for the purpose of purchasing, construction, improving, repairing, or maintaining a dwelling, or to discriminate against him in fixing of the amount, interest rate, duration or other terms or conditions of such loan or other financial assistance, because of the race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, or familial status of such person or of any person associated with him in connection with such loan or other financial assistance, or of the present or prospective owners, lessees, tenants, or occupants, of the dwellings in relation to which such loan or other financial assistance is to be made or given.