213.050. Discrimination in selling or renting by real estate agencies prohibited. — It shall be unlawful to deny any person access to or membership or participation in any multiple listing service, real estate brokers’ organization or other service organization, or facility relating to the business of selling or renting dwellings, because of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, or familial status.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 213.050
- because of: as it relates to the adverse decision or action, the protected criterion was the motivating factor. See Missouri Laws 213.010
- Disability: a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more of a person's major life activities, being regarded as having such an impairment, or a record of having such an impairment, which with or without reasonable accommodation does not interfere with performing the job, utilizing the place of public accommodation, or occupying the dwelling in question. See Missouri Laws 213.010
- Discrimination: conduct proscribed herein, taken because of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, or age as it relates to employment, disability, or familial status as it relates to housing. See Missouri Laws 213.010
- Familial status: one or more individuals who have not attained the age of eighteen years being domiciled with:
(a) A parent or another person having legal custody of such individual. See Missouri Laws 213.010
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020