1. It shall be the duty of the department of health and senior services to set standards of health care in the facilities operated by the division, to inspect buildings from the standpoint of health, and to make periodic inspections and reports in writing to the director as to the conditions of health and sanitation in the facilities under the jurisdiction of the division. Any findings considered by the department of health and senior services to be detrimental to the health or welfare of a child committed to the division shall be immediately reported to the director and the director of the department of social services with the date by which such condition must be corrected or eliminated.
2. It shall be the duty of the department of elementary and secondary education to set standards of education and school attendance in the facilities of the division, make periodic inspections and prepare evaluations of curricula, and to have such authority over the educational programs as the department has in its administration of the public school system. Reports of all such inspections and evaluations shall be sent to the director, the director of the department and the advisory board.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 219.056
- Board: the state advisory board of youth services. See Missouri Laws 219.011
- Child: a person under eighteen years of age. See Missouri Laws 219.011
- Department: the department of social services. See Missouri Laws 219.011
- Director: the director of the division of youth services. See Missouri Laws 219.011
- Division: the division of youth services (DYS). See Missouri Laws 219.011
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.