Whenever in sections 267.010 to 267.460, the following words or terms are used, they shall be deemed and taken as the meaning ascribed as follows:
(1) “Cattle” shall mean neat cattle;
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 267.010
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- United States: includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(2) “Condemned” shall refer to cattle which have reacted to the test;
(3) “Department” or “department of agriculture” shall mean the Missouri state department of agriculture;
(4) “Director” shall mean the director of the department of agriculture of Missouri;
(5) “Owner” shall refer to any owner of cattle cooperating under the state-federal plan for Bang’s testing;
(6) The term “person” means a natural person, partnership, association or corporation created or organized by or under the laws of this state or under the laws of any other state or country; whenever a word or words importing the plural number are used in describing or referring to any matter, parties or persons, any single matter, party or person shall be deemed to be included, although distributive words may not be used;
(7) “State” shall mean the state of Missouri;
(8) “State veterinarian” shall mean the state veterinarian of Missouri;
(9) “Test” shall refer to the agglutination blood test for Bang’s disease;
(10) “United States” shall refer to the United States Department of Agriculture.