566.086. Sexual contact with a student. — 1. A person commits the offense of sexual contact with a student if he or she has sexual contact with a student of the school and is:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 566.086
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Sexual contact: any touching of another person with the genitals or any touching of the genitals or anus of another person, or the breast of a female person, or such touching through the clothing, for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of any person or for the purpose of terrorizing the victim. See Missouri Laws 566.010
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) A teacher, as that term is defined in subdivisions (4), (5), and (7) of section 168.104;
(2) A student teacher; or
(3) An employee of the school; or
(4) A volunteer of the school or of an organization working with the school on a project or program who is not a student at the school; or
(5) An elected or appointed official of the school district; or
(6) A person employed by an entity that contracts with the school or school district to provide services.
2. For the purposes of this section, “school” shall mean any public or private school in this state serving kindergarten through grade twelve or any school bus used by the school district.
3. The offense of sexual contact with a student is a class E felony.
4. It is not a defense to prosecution for a violation of this section that the student consented to the sexual contact.