1. A person commits the offense of manufacture of a controlled substance if, except as authorized in this chapter or chapter 195, he or she:
(1) Knowingly manufactures, produces, or grows a controlled substance;
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 579.055
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
(2) Attempts to manufacture, produce, or grow a controlled substance; or
(3) Knowingly possesses a controlled substance with the intent to manufacture, produce, or grow any amount of controlled substance.
2. The offense of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any amount of controlled substance is a class B felony when committed within two thousand feet of the real property comprising a public or private elementary, vocational, or secondary school, community college, college, or university. It is a class A felony if a person has suffered serious physical injury or has died as a result of a fire or explosion started in an attempt by the defendant to produce methamphetamine.
3. The offense of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any amount of a controlled substance, except thirty-five grams or less of marijuana or synthetic cannabinoid, is a class C felony.
4. The offense of manufacturing thirty-five grams or less of marijuana or synthetic cannabinoid is a class E felony.