631.040. Department director may establish regional councils — division director to appoint members — terms and qualifications of members. — 1. The director may establish regional councils in any of the regions. If a regional council is established in a region, the division director shall appoint up to twenty members who reside in the region to serve staggered three-year terms on the councils.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 631.040
- Division: the division of alcohol and drug abuse of the department of mental health. See Missouri Laws 631.005
- Division director: the director of the division of alcohol and drug abuse of the department of mental health, or his designee. See Missouri Laws 631.005
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
2. At least one-half of the members shall be consumers and no more than one-fourth of the members shall be vendors, or employees, members of boards of directors or officers of vendors, or their spouses, if such vendors receive more than fifteen hundred dollars under contract with the department; except that members of boards of directors of not-for-profit corporations shall not be subject to the one-fourth limitation on the membership under this subsection.
3. No member of a regional advisory council may participate in or seek to influence a decision or vote of the council if the member would be directly involved with the matter or if he would derive income from it. A violation of the prohibition contained herein shall be grounds for a person to be removed as a member of the council by the director.