(1) The Professional and Occupational Credentialing Cash Fund is created. Except as provided in section 71-17,113 , the fund shall consist of all fees, gifts, grants, and other money, excluding fines and civil penalties, received or collected by the department under sections 38-151 to 38-156 and the Nebraska Regulation of Health Professions Act.
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 38-157
- Department: means the Division of Public Health of the Department of Health and Human Services. See Nebraska Statutes 38-114
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
(2) The department shall use the fund for the administration and enforcement of such laws regulating the individuals and businesses listed in section 38-121 . Transfers may be made from the fund to the General Fund at the direction of the Legislature. The State Treasurer shall transfer any money in the Nebraska Regulation of Health Professions Fund on July 19, 2012, to the Professional and Occupational Credentialing Cash Fund.
(3) Any money in the Professional and Occupational Credentialing Cash Fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.
- Laws 1927, c. 167, § 62, p. 471;
- C.S.1929, § 71-702;
- R.S.1943, § 71-163;
- Laws 1986, LB 926, § 37;
- Laws 1988, LB 1100, § 27;
- Laws 1994, LB 1210, § 47;
- Laws 2003, LB 242, § 30;
- Laws 2005, LB 146, § 10;
- R.S.Supp.,2006, § 71-163;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 57;
- Laws 2009, First Spec. Sess., LB3, § 19;
- Laws 2012, LB834, § 2.